senior project manager
While novus may be of a comparatively modest size to its more corporate competitors, we see this as a definite advantage. With the strength of our core team, and differentiating approach, we hold a characteristic DNA and pedigree of projects that excel our fellow peers and are immensely proud of what we have achieved and delivered since inception. Projects that speak for themselves, demonstrating as intended, that while we punch well above our weight, we do it very well.
Examples such as the delivery of the project management for the Commonwealth Games 2022 bid, to transforming large arenas and onward to large scale residential delivery, up to 51-storeys. We are an SME, with a depth of expertise and an exciting landscape of Client and schemes.
Ultimately, we are differentiators in the marketplace.
We are not just looking to bolster our team through further consultancy project management experience, we are also looking to build a new generation of a senior team to take novus forwards. We are looking for ambition; those wanting to take their responsibilities and career to the next level, as part of a small dynamic team, delivering significant, landscape changing schemes within and around Birmingham.
We will be seeking for you to principally:
- Support the business in delivering its core objectives
- Positively engage with Client’s, developing, growing and maintaining customer relationships
- Deliver a high quality, differentiating service, ensuring that Client’s requirements are met
- Manage projects to deliver exceptional services and deliverables in accordance with the business procedures and practices
- Manage project teams, containing wide scope of varying disciplines
- Analyse, track and effectively manage project timescales and essential milestones
- Administer contracts as a contract administrator, employer’s agent or project manager
- Lead, report and present to Client’s
- Identify new business development opportunities and drive growth across the business
attributes we are looking for:
- Alignment with the business core values, particularly as to our differentiating approach
- Sound project management and/or programme management experience in construction
- Knowledge and practiced experience of project management techniques
- Ability to administer construction contracts
- Clear understanding of legislation impacting on building contracts
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written
- Collaborative approach, Client facing, and able to develop strong relationships
- Assertive and detail orientated, identifying potential issues early and raise them in the appropriate forum for resolution
- Methodical, proactive way of thinking and approach to work
- Ability to absorb complex information and assess requirements readily
- Excellent problem solving, negotiating, financial and numeracy skills
- Advanced ICT skills, with a high proficiency in MS Office, Adobe etc
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Demonstrable track record in the delivery of relevant projects
- A real hunger to make a difference
As a novus differentiator, you will have access to:
- A first class office environment to work and relax
- Flexible working arrangements
- Opportunities to develop, direct and grow your career
- Potential future equity ownership
- Contributory pension scheme
- Health insurance
how to apply
Please send a covering letter along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.